Sunday, August 29, 2010

What a BIG Girl!!

Wow, It seems like I have not blogged in a while. I guess I have some good excuses though as to why I haven't. Well to start, there hasn't been much to blog about, but besides that for the past week our bishop of our ward challenged us to have a no media entertainment week. Which meant to me that blogging and getting on facebook was probably something that was included. It was a good experience and it did make me feel closer to the Lord by putting the worldly things aside and focusing on Him a little better. It has made me realize that things like blogging and getting on facebook are good wholesome things, but I should be more self cautious about putting the Lord first before all the other things that don't really matter.


 It also was a good time for me to bond with Chandlar a little more. She is truly the best thing that has ever happened to me... This is where the title of this blog entry comes from. I took this whole week planning things to get Chandlar potty trained. I put aside 3 consecutive days to buckle down and to show her a big part of what being a BIG GIRL was all about.  One of my friends actually told me about this 3 day potty training program that is suppose to have your child completely trained and out of diapers in 3 days. I thought I would give it a shot and all I can say is that is really does WORK!!  Chandlar can now be called a big girl and I am so proud of her!! I will be honest, It took A LOT of hard work, patience, focus, and staying positive through out the whole process. There was even a time where I felt like giving up, but I stuck to it and the result was absolutely amazing. I now have a big girl at my house and she knows it!! I knew she could do it.... she is such a smart, happy and lovable girl!! To say the least, Skylar and I are so proud of her for doing such a good job!! At the end of day 3 we presented her with a certificate of completion and a nice little present. She loved it!! So far she has had no accidents. I know there might be some little set backs  here and there but I am completely relieved that I will no longer have her in diapers when our little boy gets here.  If you want to learn more about this program, check out 3daypottytraining.com


It was a great bonding experience for her and I.  I am so glad I did it. If anything I have learned so much more about her, which makes me love her that much more. Chandlar, Mom and Dad love you and cannot be anymore happy with you. We absolutely find it an honor to be your parents and we know that there will be many more times in your life where you will make us so proud of all your accomplishments......This is just the first of many more to come!!


Big Girl Pose
Receiving her Certificate & Prize!!


Working on her mad coloring skills! :0)

5 comments:

Amber said...

Congratulations Chandler! I am so happy you are such a big girl!!!
I am so glad that you did the 3 day! It totally works, but like you said it is sooo much work! I am so proud of Chandler! What a big girl!

Lisa Rupp said...

I'm totally going to try this (in a few months)!

Lisa Rupp said...

Oh yeah, and today was fun! We should do it again soon!

Eric Allan Family said...

Chanell I didn't know you were pregnant! that is awesome. my little guy in 9 months now. I just can't believe how fast the time goes. When he is ready for potty training I will definately try the 3 day thing.

Meagan Leavitt said...

Chanell, thank you for the post! I had been debating on whether or not to potty train hunter until after I have the baby, and then I saw your blog. Thanks to you I immediate began training Hunter and now he is a Big Boy. Thank you so much!