Saturday, May 1, 2010

One of My Accomplishments!

So I made this sign for my soon to be sister-in-law for her bridal shower. I had never attempted to make one before and I am well pleased at the way it turned out!! So I just might make another one for my home!! It was quite simple and not pricey at all. I just bought the letters at hobby lobby, but I'm sure you can get them at any craft store. Then I slabbed some cute scrapbook paper on and modge podge it and added my own little details. Final step was gluing the letters on with wood glue to a piece of wood that I had previously painted. It was so fun to make!! Just thought I would share if any of you are looking for something to do that is cheap and easy for your home. You can honestly spell out anything you want! Anyway....here's one thing that I have accomplished and that makes me feel oh soo good!!

4 comments:

David, Traci, and Jordin Morris said...

way cute! I love it... I am working on my scrap booking for Jordin...finally. I glad you have time to get something great done. Miss you guys a ton.

Sarah Bowen said...

That is so cute! I just might have to make myself one of those! You should make some of those embellished towels that I made around christmas time. Did I send you an email on those? They are fun and easy also

Rachel said...

So cute! You have inspired me!

Julie said...

Hey Girl! This board is sooo cute! So I want to make one - but I have one question - how did you cut around the letters so perfectly? did you do that first of last? I'm just a bit confused on that part if you have a minute i would love to know! thanks!