Today is Chandlar's birthday!! I can't believe that a whole year has past already. I can still remember crystal clear how my day went when I was in labor with Chandlar. ( I don't think I really every told my labor story.) It was such an emotional day and to this day I am very thankful that I had a successful 10 hour labor. Its was pretty scary at first because I was having hard and steady contractions but was not even dilated to a 1. My doc was a little concerned but told me to get plenty of rest and have some "intimate time" with my husband.. Well, we took that advice and before we knew it my water had broken. But me being a little stubborn... waited a good 7 hours before I was admitted to the hospital. They checked me in and sure enough my "water had ruptured". ( thats how the english nurse told us.) So she preceded to check my dilation and lo and behold... I was maybe 1/2 dilated. At this point I was pretty much frustrated but since my water broke they kept me at the hospital and put me on pitocin. From then on my contraction got harder and harder, which I thought I was going to die at one point, but it progressed me to a 3. After a 3 they went ahead and gave me the epidural. I was pretty amazing how fast everything went from then on.... in 3 hours I went to a 6 and and in 3 more I was fully dilated and started to push. I only pushed for 30 mins and she was here. It was such an amazing feeling to finally have her in my arms. I was truly blessed that she got here with no complications. And now she is here to stay... She has been such a joy in the last year. I love watching her grow and learn new things everyday. She is the best thing on earth and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I am looking forward to many more memories with her and can't wait for her next birthday!! We love you Chandlar Rae!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Chandlar's 1st Birthday!!
Today is Chandlar's birthday!! I can't believe that a whole year has past already. I can still remember crystal clear how my day went when I was in labor with Chandlar. ( I don't think I really every told my labor story.) It was such an emotional day and to this day I am very thankful that I had a successful 10 hour labor. Its was pretty scary at first because I was having hard and steady contractions but was not even dilated to a 1. My doc was a little concerned but told me to get plenty of rest and have some "intimate time" with my husband.. Well, we took that advice and before we knew it my water had broken. But me being a little stubborn... waited a good 7 hours before I was admitted to the hospital. They checked me in and sure enough my "water had ruptured". ( thats how the english nurse told us.) So she preceded to check my dilation and lo and behold... I was maybe 1/2 dilated. At this point I was pretty much frustrated but since my water broke they kept me at the hospital and put me on pitocin. From then on my contraction got harder and harder, which I thought I was going to die at one point, but it progressed me to a 3. After a 3 they went ahead and gave me the epidural. I was pretty amazing how fast everything went from then on.... in 3 hours I went to a 6 and and in 3 more I was fully dilated and started to push. I only pushed for 30 mins and she was here. It was such an amazing feeling to finally have her in my arms. I was truly blessed that she got here with no complications. And now she is here to stay... She has been such a joy in the last year. I love watching her grow and learn new things everyday. She is the best thing on earth and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I am looking forward to many more memories with her and can't wait for her next birthday!! We love you Chandlar Rae!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh Go figure. A party and I wasn't invited. The girls and I would have loved to come out last night. We were looking for something to do Nate is out of town. I Guess I will be the first to wish her a Happy Number 1!
Happy Birthday sweet pea. Hope you had a fun day filled with lots of goodies. Cant wait to see what another year will bring for you.
Happy Birthday Chandlar! Hope you got lots of fun things that mom just has to pick up everyday!!
Happy Birthday Chandlar! She sure is a beautiful girl!
Oh Im a few days late, always am, but I hope her first bday was a great one!!! Love you guys and miss ya!
That's so neat! Happy late birthday to Chandlar from the Gillett's. I wish Hunter made a mess of his cake. He wouldn't even touch it. Boring! ha. COngrats on making it a whole year already!
Post a Comment