(Can't really tell but the bathroom has water all the way up to the baseboards)
5.Chandlar's Room
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Reasons Why....
You should change your washer hose every 5 years!
1.
2.Luandry Room
3. Thrid Bedroom
4. Bathroom
6. Chandlar's Room
7. Living Room
8.Living Room
9. Kitchen/ Family Room
Yep, thats right we had a flood due to the fact that our washing machine hose has not been changed in who knows how long. When we moved into our house (almost a year ago)we had no washer and dryer, but my parents were gracious enough to find us a FREE older washer and dryer that had been stored in an old warehouse. We were smart enough to clean them up and replace everything else but the hoses. Don't know how we missed that, but we did. Anyway, we had a pretty big mess that left us homeless for a couple of days. Thanks to the 1-800 Flooded guys they were able to come out and get the place dried up for us.We had to make an insurance claim because our carpet and baseboard were pretty much swamped with water. I know the pictures don't do any justice, but I wanted to post to let you all know what we've been up to, and of course to be able to look back and laugh about all the joys or hardships that come along with owning a home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
OH My thats horrible! I'm so sorry! Makes me all nervous now about my hoses.
Oh my gosh that is awefull! I hope that you get everything back to normal soon!
Oh man!I'm so sorry! That would not be fun! Hope you got it cleaned up okay!
Holy water. Too bad it didnt happen in Summer time. You would have had a nice indoor pool. hahahaha!! Im so sorry that this happened. Glad it all worked out for you guys though!
I'm sorry too! I never would have thought that a washing machine hose could cause such a huge problem!
Post a Comment